Land Rover – Automotive Production Facility.
Since 1948, Land Rover has been known as the premier luxury 4×4 car manufacturer around the world. Known for their strength, versatility, durability Land Rover, now part of a bigger automotive group continues at the forefront of engineering innovation and manufacturing technologies.
The Business Challenge
The regular launch of new model vehicles on the Range Rover production facility could cause significantly disruption, cost and delays to the build line if engineering and process changes failed to fit and work correctly at the start of full volume launch.
The challenge was to develop and embed a process that all functions gained value from and would integrate new product and process changes seamlessly into a vehicle production launch by validating them as early as possible.
How We Helped
– Developed an early validation process to engage functional stakeholders in evaluating trial feedback
– Created a communication strategy to ensure parts, process and people were in place
– Developed visual methods to give advanced notice and prevent production losses
– Process enabled real-time access to personnel for discussion and approvals
– Improved new vehicle launch RFT from 50% to 90%
– Recognised as best practice and replicated across all production facilities
– Increased engagement of production employees as their voices were being heard
– Change request approvals were reduced from days to hours
– Framework provided a conduit to communicate supply chain updates to production
– The relationship between component owners and production customers improved